2020 Spring Raffle
Official Rules of the Great Valley Music Parents Association (GVMPA) 2020 Spring Raffle
Tickets may only be purchased at
Please read the below fully and carefully before submitting your purchase. We anticipate an enthusiastic response to this raffle and appreciate your cooperation. (Is it obvious that we have an attorney, or TWO, on our Executive Committee?)
The THREE (3) Grand Prizes of the GVMPA 2020 Spring Raffle are: 1) Two (2) Orchestra tickets to the August 8, 2020 8pm performance of Hamilton: An American Musical at the Richard Rodgers Theatre in New York City. Total value of these tickets is estimated to be $747. 2) Two (2) Orchestra tickets to the August 1, 2020 8pm performance of Jagged Little Pill at the Broadhurst Theatre in New York City. Total value of these tickets is estimated to be $384. 3) Two (2) Orchestra tickets to the July 9, 2020 8pm concert by Straight No Chaser at Miller Symphony Hall in Allentown, PA. Total value of these tickets is estimated to be $164.
Additionally, Five (5) runner-up prizes will be awarded; A $100 Gift Certificate to People’s Light Theater in Malvern, PA; two (2) winners will receive a GVMPA MusicWear bundle comprised of a GV Music sweatshirt, t-shirt, flannel pants, backpack and magnet, a $100 value; and two (2) winners will receive a $50 Gift Certificate to the "Shack," to be redeemed for food and beverage during 2020 GVHS home football games.
• Winner of the Grand Prizes must have access to an Android or IOS mobile device (cell phone), as the tickets are delivered and accepted via “mobile-only.”
• No more than 300 raffle tickets will be sold. Odds of winning do not exceed 1:300.
• Only one prize may be awarded per raffle ticket. EX: Once a ticket is drawn for one of the eight (8) Prizes, that specific ticket is no longer eligible for other prizes.
• The owner of the first winning ticket drawn will have his/her choice of one of the three Grand Prizes. The owner of the second winning ticket drawn will have his/her choice of one of the two remaining Grand Prizes, with the owner of the third winning ticket drawn being awarded the remaining Grand Prize.
• Any tax liability is the responsibility of the prize winner.
• The raffle is offered to GVMPA member families and their friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc.
• Raffle ticket costs are as follows, and are discounted based on purchase quantity: 1 ticket = $25; 2 tickets = $45; 5 tickets = $100; 10 tickets = $175. Those purchasing 10 tickets will also be recognized as a “Friend” Sponsor of GVMPA, and will receive the additional benefits of that sponsorship, valued at $50. Your purchase of raffle tickets is not tax deductible.
• Student Rebate: For each ticket sold by a Great Valley HS Music Student, $3 will be added to that student’s GVMPA music student account, to be used for music-related expenses such as lessons, instrument purchases, offsetting music department trips, etc.
• There is a limit of 10 tickets that can be purchased by an individual.
• The winning raffle tickets will be drawn on Saturday, May 2nd, 2020 during GVMPA's Designer Bag Bingo event, to be held at Great Valley High School.
• You do NOT need to be present to win, but we encourage you to attend the Bingo event!
• Prizes must be CLAIMED by someone 18-years of age or older.
• Entries are void if prohibited by law. Great Valley Music Parents Association, Inc. reserves the right to refuse any entry at its sole discretion. No substitution of prize or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted.
• By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Great Valley Music Parents Association, Inc. and its officers and directors from any liability, loss, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the GVMPA 2020 Spring Raffle and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the drawing of the GVMPA 2020 Spring Ticket Raffle; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the GVMPA 2020 Spring Ticket Raffle or the processing of entries.
If you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to contact GVMPA at Contact@GVMPA.org.
Thanks for supporting the GVSD Music Department and GVMPA…..GOOD LUCK!